Camping Adventure Off-Road Trailer M101A2 Steel Body w/Aluminum Top - NO RESERVE

brussum

Adventurer
1.jpg

For Sale via eBay: 1990 Kasel Manufacturing M101A2 Trailer (serial number 838USARMYNW0KHC). Asking price is $3,000; however, starting bid on eBay is $2,500.

Trailer was purchased from DRMO in 2010 and configured vehicle for extended vehicle-based backcountry camping, hunting, and adventure touring in Alaska, the Yukon, or just about anywhere else. Sold my F350 tow vehicle and would like a trailer more compatible with my 200-series Land Cruiser (like a Manley ORV or Ruger Trailer).

I completely disassembled and repainted the trailer frame (black) and body exterior (tan). Trailer interior is still woodland camouflage pattern. The body is galvanized steel and has absolutely no rust that I’ve ever found. I replaced all of the bolts and hardwarem, as well as the shock absorbers. Trailer is rewired for 12 volts with a 7-pin vehicle plug, backup utility lights, and LED marker/stop lights.

Original heavy duty axle, which includes the cable-actuated parking brakes and the hydraulic brakes pistons/shoes. The surge brake system and hydraulic lines have been removed to reduce weight. Trailer is pre-wired for electric brakes with wiring pigtailed above the axle.

Trailer weighs about 1,200lbs empty and is rated by the military to about 3,000lbs GVWR off-road. Loaded as shown in the pictures, I can move it around in my driveway and garage with relative ease.

The tires are Toyo A/T Open Country LT285/75R18 (approx. 35” diameter) tires with approximately 8,000 miles on them. Top quality lug adapters convert the hubs to a late model Ford 8-lug pattern. Black and silver 18-in ******** Cepek wheels. In addition to the two mounted wheels, the sale includes a full-size spare with a brand new tire and rim. The trailer fenders were extended to accommodate the larger tire width and to cut down on flying debris. The trailer tracked perfectly behind my F350's tires.

The trailer is topped with a custom-fabricated, heavy duty aluminum diamond-plate lid. The lid is very stout and was designed to accommodate a large roof-top tent. Adjustable hydraulic pistons help raise the lid and hold it open. I have no qualms about standing, walking, or jumping on the lid. It also locks securely, but is completely removable. I’ve mounted Thule rails along the length of the lid and the sale includes two extra-long Thule bars and mounts.

I’ve mounted a matching aluminum tongue box to hold tools, cables, etc. Trailer wiring junction box is mounted inside the tongue box. I’ve also welded a removable 5,000lb trailer jack to the tongue, but have also retained the original landing leg.

The standard pintle hitch was replaced with a channel hitch setup, which allows you to raise/lower the hitch or replace the pintle with a standard ball hitch. The two tow cables/chains are removable, as is the tow vehicle cable. Everything is removable to discourage the casual thief. The pintle lunette sits at about 24" above the ground with the trailer level, but can be adjusted down to about 19".

I’ve custom-built a drawer system that is fully accessible with the lid down and locked. There is plenty of storage for pots, pans, dishware, food, etc. The boxes themselves are made from 3/4in birch plywood, while the drawers are 3/4in, 1/2in, and 3/8in fir plywood. The far left box is designed for my small Engel fridge and will include the base mount, if desired. The middle box has three drawers, all made of glued and screwed plywood with dado/rabbet joints and heavy duty 42” drawer glides. The bottom-left drawer holds a two-burner camp stove, which is also included in the sale. There is also additional pan storage behind the stove. The top-left drawer is perfect for utensils, spices, plates, and other shallow items. The right box drawer is perfect for smaller items. All three boxes are bolted together as one unit. The remaining four feet of cargo space in the front of the trailer holds an incredible amount of gear.

I have a free and clear title to this trailer to ease registration in your home state.

Trailer is located in Alexandria, Virginia. Buyer is responsible for pickup, delivery, or shipping. Sale of trailer does not include personal effects unless specifically mentioned as included.

brussum

Adventurer
Gratuitous bump. Trailer auction has less than 48 hours remaining and the high bid is only $2,500. This is a very clean, updated trailer and quite a bargain for that price. It is ready for some adventure and just needs a new owner to take it there!!

brussum

Adventurer
I hear you...it's sad for us as well. Have no fear...I'm already crafting the next project in my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger