2008 F350 W/Popup price drop

chp-sk8

Adventurer
(Cut from my post a while back)

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/75174-Off-Road-escape-pod!

Well I have been on this forum for along time and really don't post any pics, of my rigs or trips and there have been many! My expo journey started with a jeep cherokee, then a wrangler with a 416 trailer. Then moved on to a comanche, these were all wheeling weekend trip rigs nothing serious. Then we bought a 4x4 van (sportsmobile) and really got the bug....being out in 46 weekends the first year we had good times for sure. As you all know after you go out so much you know what works and simply what dosen't, or better put, what not to waste your money on.

The platform is a 2008 F350 FX4 4X4 6.4 twin turbo Diesel with all recalls performed loaded window sticker was 56k
leather
heated seats
power everything
upfitter switches
sunroof

removed all FX4 stickers
winter package

8in Fabtec lift- $1100
Custom track bars in the rear(horrible axel wrap without them)- $800
airbags with wireless controller/moniter- $1200
SS Bullet exhaust- nice sound, and keeps the egt's down- $650
AFE intake- $350
Sparten Dash DAQ with 3 tunes (will do 500+hp/1000+tq to the wheels.....hence the axel wrap) $1200
51 gallon titan fuel tank-gives great range- $1100
240AMP pro-sine battery isolator- $300
17" MT wheels- - $700
5ea 38" KM2 tires @ 75%- $3000
2" billet wheel spacers- $400
Fabtec dual steering stabilizers-$200
Warn front Bumper-$3000
Warn 16.5k winch- $2300
Aluminess rear bumper with baja box- $3800
Rear floods in bumper- $12:coffeedrink:
rigid led's on the side of camper-$180
Vision X 52" xmitter lightbar- $1700
Eclipse NAV system-$2300
kenwood 5 channal amp- $700
Polk 12"sub- $250
infinty door speakers- $300
Dometic 110 fridge for the incab if we are doing multi week trips- $1200(might keep)
2001 Sunlite Eagle SB 6.5 bed- original sticker says $10900
200 Watt solar up top -- $800
4AGM batterys- $500
2k Power-sin inverter- $300
2k powermate gen- $350
paint matched fender flares- $800
ect....there is tons more!!!!

All in all it is there have been a few changes, but the end product is what worked the best. There are alot of people that say it is too tall and it does not have the capability, I just smile and go on my way. For those of you who are familiar with Montros/telluride that picture is of me coming out of the top side of poughkeepsie gulch....so I would say it gets the job done :^)
This rig is not been beat on or trashed, I do not have animals, Dont smoke, or have kids so the interior is like new, with no rips stains or funky smells. Rough math I am north of 100k in this thing, and there is no Labor in that either. Why didnt you buy a roamer people say, They are sweet rigs but are not as capable as this, and the penalty is severe if something goes south on the trail. I can tell you I know every part and piece of this truck as I built it.....I have 100's of hours in this rig and it shows. Anyone who has seen it or has been on trips with me will a-test to that. So with all of that said what is a fare price? Been really throwing this around for the last few days.

(PRICE $49k OBO partial trades possible)

I know you can find one cheaper on amazon, and your buddy just built on for a 1/4 of the price. I dont want your lunch money and you 88 crx! Please have your money in order and finances straight as I am in the Army and do not have time to play games before my upcoming deployment. The truck is in storage in alabama till friday, then it will be heading out to Idaho, so I could possibly deliver. I have huge binders, full of reciepts and maunals from all purchases. I change the oil every 3500, and fuel filters every 7000...I am fanatical about maint.

Cheers
Eli
93one2o6864zero

Last edited:

chp-sk8

Adventurer
IMG_7570.jpgIMG_8021.jpg

uhporkchop

Observer
Wow! you must have found something really spectacular if you are listing your pride and joy. No other way to put it….this truly is "The Rig" unless you have a few hundred thousand for an earthroamer that would actually be very limited in its off-road capabilities compared to the places this rig can squeeze its way through. I have spent a few days and nights in "the rig" myself so I know first hand.

GLWS Brother

chp-sk8

Adventurer
First person that looked at her now owns her! Like all of my gear.....I say nothing and let it speak for itself. Happy holidays!

chp-sk8

Adventurer
Buyer had to back out due to money issues. So the rig is back on the block. I am open to partial trade plus cash. Might be interested in a clean: Tacoma 4x4, BMW 1200 GSA , land, or if you think it is fair and interesting let me know. I just drove it 2000 miles from Alabama to Idaho. It is stored indoors and is ready to go. I have the titles for truck and pop up in hand....if you are bringing a trade to the table I would expect the same.

Eli

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Very, very nice rig and some great outdoor adventure shots on the referred to portal page, you clearly have had some great times traveling with this setup.

So, now how about some info about and or some pics of the inside of the camper?

chp-sk8

Adventurer
I wish your van had a 7.3 in it. The v10 is a great motor but I am a diesel guy. I have 2 other parties interested at this point and what ever seems fair for both parties will be what I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78