ARB 2500 Awning / Screen Room installed on 5th Gen 4Runner

AutoRotate

Observer
Really like the way the new awning turned out!

Finally got the correct size installed and tested. I like it so far!

13%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG

14%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG

16%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG

17%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG

18%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG

20%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG

7%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG

11%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Looks good!

Insead of posting a few different threads try making your own build thread and post everything on there. Might make it easier for you, just a thought!

AutoRotate

Observer
No floor. Just the long rubber bottoms you see at the base of the walls. You lay them towards the outside to help keep water out.

AutoRotate

Observer
Quick Update:

I purchased the ARB 2500X2500 Touring Room with Floor. Very happy with the setup. I've also been using the BlueScrews (Oztent Edition) for anchor points. They have been working well and were purchased HERE. This was the first time I set up the tent and it was on the driveway so I couldn't completely anchor the base.

That is why it is a bit deformed in places. All in all, I'm happy. It will compliment the Oztent RV-5 nicely.

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_2234.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

screwball48

Explorer
Thank you for posting the pictures of the awning room. Do you think that in all it seals up well enough to use as a replacement for a tent in fairer weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AutoRotate

Observer
Yes. I think it will do well, even in moderate to heavy rain. Everything appears seam sealed very well. I would use a ground cover every time as the tent floor is not heavy like an OzTent.

High_Country

Adventurer
It appears you are using the BajaRack flat utility rack. I was considering this same rack the other day but was unsure whether you could mount an awning to it since it was flat and only had one 'side rail'.

How did you attach it to the rack?

Last edited:

High_Country

Adventurer
Dude! What an awesome response - and with perfect pictures and a link!!! Thanks for the help. That clearly answered my question.:sombrero:

I'm in!

It seems I'm going to be following in your footsteps in many ways with my build. I had found the ARB and awning room and was considering the same thing as an alternative to lugging around and setting up a full-sized (and heavy...and bulky...) Kodiak tent. The tent rocks but if I could incorporate an awning INTO a shelter, that would be awesome.

I'm not looking for 4-season, gale-force, monsoon complete weather protection, but I would like it to be waterproof for those afternoon and overnight mountain showers.

Thanks for the pics and comments.
(And by the way - I have a 2015 4Runner Trail w/ KDSS that I'm working on. It's not showing up in my signature yet)

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
That room looks like it would work pretty slick for a little expansion with my setup for less than pleasant weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears