Water Tank

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
I did a build last year of a '13 Tundra. I looked everywhere for a custom tank builder and decided to go with the tanks built by Adventure Trailers. I wanted a large tank---at least 35 gallons---and I wanted it mounted in the center of the truck and of a size that took up minimum space. AT nailed it. They built me a baffled, drinking water safe, black, with all the custom fittings I needed. I am extremely pleased. Many thousand of miles off road without a single issue. Take a look at:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/136352-Custom-Tundra-Bed-Storage-Phase-1

I have a 33 gallon custom water tank from Adventure Trailer also. They did a great job with the build, communications and were plain easy to work with.

stageracer

Just installed a FrontRunner 17.7 gal tank on the roof rack of my 2012 E350. They did the install at the back of my Aluminess rack in about an hour since they were close but it's an easy DIY install. Doubles as a shower as well as fresh water storage.

elisagrace

Regarding water storage tank

To the best of my experience as I have worked in industrial water storage tank manufacturing unit greatbasinindustrial.com/industrial-tanks-and-storage, you must go for stainless steel water tank for storing fresh water. As it is more eco-friendly and resistant to rust , easy to wash with utensil cleaning soap once a month or as per your requirement. If you will visit related shops, you'll get the best idea of the place from where you can get the best quality of these tanks.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
▲This▲

Depending on your needs Water Bricks offer a good solution addressing all the important issues noted above.

Attachments

• aDSC08351a.jpg
    aDSC08351a.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 50

elisagrace

PVC pipe for attaching to water tank

As told by Rayra, PVC pipes are safe for being attached to water tank for such purpose. If you go for other option, it will cost you more.

Last edited:

elisagrace

As told by Rayra, PVC pipes are safe for being attached to water tank for such purpose. If you go for other option, it will cost you more.

dlh62c

Explorer
At one time I was looking into tanks for a build I'm working on, but due to a upcoming trip, I couldn't work the effort in. So I went with a couple of 5 gallon water bottles from Walmart and a Dolphin Water Bottle Pump.

Thinking it would be temporary, it worked out better than I could have expected. I refilled or exchanged the bottles at Walmart. 24 hour Walmart's are a godsend while traveling on the road. Or I refilled the bottles at campgrounds. On my next trip, I'm considering a smaller 3 gal bottle to leave outside on the picnic table with a another Dolphin Water Bottle Pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior