Roof rack water tank for solar shower

KE7JFF

Adventurer
I was thinking of using a ABS tube as well; my thinking was not using with a pump but rather just have a spray nozzle at one and let gravity do the hard work.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
RV 'Grey water' holding tanks. Portable. sizes range from 5 to 22gal.

blue-totes.png

Boating plastic fuel tank.

85169_lg.jpg

usplastics.com has a lot of poly tanks in various dimensions, some are nice flattish rectangles that would work great for a roof top tank.

all these things are typically HDPE-2, same as 'food safe' plastics. The only difference between 'food safe' and regular HDPE-2 is a regulation regarding use of edible lubricants in the manufacturing machinery. And that's almost always just mineral oil. So get whatever HDPE-2 tank you want, rinse it out with very hot water and baking soda, a little bleach, and you have a potable water tank. Or certainly a shower tank that you don't have to worry about ingesting some of the water.

How much is that red tapper tank? Might just be what I'm looking for. Can't seem to find it online??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayra

Expedition Leader
That particular red tank was linked from a site in Australia. Meant as a general idea. There's lots of similar boat fuel tanks available from US sources. But if it's potable water you are after, it's probably a better idea to stick with the general color codes of blue tanks for water. Or you'll have people trying to snake / puncture your water tank, thinking they'll get gasoline.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
That particular red tank was linked from a site in Australia. Meant as a general idea. There's lots of similar boat fuel tanks available from US sources. But if it's potable water you are after, it's probably a better idea to stick with the general color codes of blue tanks for water. Or you'll have people trying to snake / puncture your water tank, thinking they'll get gasoline.

It won't be going on the roof. Reason for a tapper one was for the bed of my truck. It will also act as a pillow once padded up. I sleep in the back of my truck and don't do a platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior