HUB NUT SIZE?

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi,
Can anyone tell me the size on the front hub nut size for the front wheel bearing FG649 2003.

Thanks Guys

gait

Explorer
if I was home in Brisbane I'd look at the socket I used ..... I've had some success in the past asking Zupps parts or service for such info.

Bris31

Adventurer
Hi,
Can anyone tell me the size on the front hub nut size for the front wheel bearing FG649 2003.

Thanks Guys

Your truck is the same model as mine but not sure exactly where to look at but if I see a photo then can tell you. Otherwise if close to Calamvale, you are most welcome to look at my truck.
Cheers
Brij

PKDreamers

Adventurer
20160702_152430.jpg
This is what the front hub nut looks like.
A mate and i made a simple tool to remove and do it up.
And no we are not welders.

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
For something that you will use very infrequently, spending heaps on money on the "proper tool" seems kind of pointless to me. All a tool has to do is the task it is designed for. I make my own custom tools whenever I can.

BTW... nice welds. ;)

gait

Explorer
ah. A bit of a worry. At least I can remember my memory used to work well.

I used a couple of screwdrivers in the holes and a shifter to provide turning motion. Its wasn't tight.

The half shaft with cv joint was awkard to remove, the hole in the "yoke" that holds top and bottom king pin bearings was a bit tight. But they came out and went back in with jiggling (no force necessary).

The socket I had to buy was for the nuts on the end of U-bolts - I changed springs at the same time as king pins. The other big socket I needed was for the front of the transfer case drive shaft .... senior moments are not nice.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
I got the hub nut off with two bolts in the holes andused a shifter though them to undo the hub nut. Both sides where not tight .
I did have a little trouble when I went to put the hub back on.
Put both sides all back together (the hardest part of it all was the curclip on the drive shaft.)then went to put the wheels back on and as i did this i got movement in the wheel bearings which i thought i had right.
So pulled it all apart again did it all again.All good now.

Well i do learn from my mistakes lol lol.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
This is mine it is made out of a Landcruiser hub nut spanner and a couple of pieces old allen key (hex key).

DSCF3330a.jpg

Dan.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Anyone know the size of the prongs for this? Gotta make one for the wkend and don't particularly fancy shelling out $450 to fuso...

westyss

Explorer
This one was made up by a logging truck re fitter/maker that was hired to repair the pulled wheel stud from when the tire shop goon used Big Bertha the giant rattle gun the wrong way on the drivers side wheel stud while the shop owner distracted me for five seconds! And that was all it took to turn a 1/2 hour job into a whole day job!

Couple of pins welded onto a length of pipe with a small plate welded to the back and a nut welded onto that, took them all of five minutes to whip up and then gave it to me after!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12