Yet Another New $100 HID

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
The 4" have actually been around since last September at Checkers Auto Parts. Played a bit with them myself. Good value in my opinion. ;)

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
mountainpete said:
The 4" have actually been around since last September at Checkers Auto Parts. Played a bit with them myself. Good value in my opinion. ;)

What did you think of the pattern on the 4"? How do they compare to the 6"?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Here is a review from Mariodesmo on www.Rubiconownersforum.com

Without actually doing any measurements of light output, it seems to me that the 4 inch and 7 inch put out the same amount of light. The 4 inch lights are just as bright, just as far. They are impressive. I'm thinking of putting the 7 inch lights on the light bar over the windshield...

I placed my hand on the outer enclosure of the 4 inch light and could not feel any heat. It was cold out, but there was little or no heat on the enclosure. All the heat was in front of the lens

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Beowulf said:
Here is a review from Mariodesmo on www.Rubiconownersforum.com

Without actually doing any measurements of light output, it seems to me that the 4 inch and 7 inch put out the same amount of light. The 4 inch lights are just as bright, just as far. They are impressive. I'm thinking of putting the 7 inch lights on the light bar over the windshield...

I placed my hand on the outer enclosure of the 4 inch light and could not feel any heat. It was cold out, but there was little or no heat on the enclosure. All the heat was in front of the lens

My only experience with the 4" was playing with them at the store (I lit them up with a battery there), but I would echo the above. The light output was almost identical, except that the 4" pattern was less wide (more spot).

Pete

jfarsang

Adventurer
mountainpete said:
My only experience with the 4" was playing with them at the store (I lit them up with a battery there), but I would echo the above. The light output was almost identical, except that the 4" pattern was less wide (more spot).

Pete

Which would be great up top. :cow:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
jfarsang said:
Which would be great up top. :cow:

Excellent roof light for the price. They are no Lightforces, but again the price...

You're in BC right? Just pop into a Checkers Auto the next time you are in Washington State. They are usually more then willing to pull out a battery and power one up.

Pete

ChrisInVT

Adventurer
4" might be good enough for my lightbar, I currently have 6" on there and wanted the 7" HIDs but the 6" are big enough as it is... I might have to buy one and check it out.

jfarsang

Adventurer
Excellent roof light for the price. They are no Lightforces, but again the price...

You're in BC right? Just pop into a Checkers Auto the next time you are in Washington State. They are usually more then willing to pull out a battery and power one up.

Pete

I did just that yesterday and compared to the 7 inchers I have on the front.

They look to be almost identical as far as output goes and it's a 'bit' more pencil/spotish but still wide.

Definitely going to put some up top when I figure out the rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior