Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Price of Children

I too thought $24.24 a day sounded cheap. Kids are "Simply" amazing, where else are you allowed to be a teacher and a student at the same time.

Then again, I still enjoy hanging out with my father, so myabe it just runs in the family.
    7.3 Super Duty, 4X4, Ext Cab Shortbed, 6 Spd Manual. Hawk FWC
    2006 Jeep Unlimited
    2011 Toyota 4Runner (Hers)

1980 HJ45 Diesel LBP (Sold to some dude in Utah)
    1984 Troopy, ExPo White (Sold to the same dude in Utah that bought my other dream truck)
    Kimberly Kamper (Sold to the Toyota Shaman)

The joys of seeing two teenagers live happily under your roof, priceless ....
    For info on Mexico´s Copper Canyon check http://coppercanyongate.blogspot.com.

‎"The great thing about internet forums is that you can quote **** and completely make up the source" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pskhaat View Post
    Dr. Durango, I should say the same for you, but I would sincerely hope their lifestyle is due to the love we give
    Dr., wow, I'm flattered. Yes, I'd say my children will have a significantly higher price tag than the average. Thank goodness the love is free.
    2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    M101 Budget Expo Trailer
    2009 Turner Sultan MTB

kcowyo is offline Expedition Portal Moderator ExPo Original
    Quote Originally Posted by adventureduo View Post
    Seems high to me. $24 a day? What are they eating out for every meal and going to Starbucks before school?

C'mon Dave! How many dollars worth of chew toys does Dixie go through in the average week? I've seen the pics...

Lots of unexpected costs arise with kids... $24 a day? Well I've never done the math as it doesn't really matter. They are still a better investment than anything else.

Some things you just can't put a price on. And some things don't fully make sense until you try it yourself. I would put parenthood at the top of that list.

'97 Toyota T100 - some stuff and some stories....
    '89 Toyota FJ62 - fractal cruising

currently listening to - Michael Kiwanuka "Home Again"
    recommended reading - Dead Run by Dan Schultz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123