Picked up a new stove

cruisertoy

Explorer
I can't remember if I posted about this stove. I picked it up at a Military surplus store a 4 months ago. After having to come home early from a trip to the San Rafael swell this weekend I decided I'd test the stove in the back yard. I believe it is a surplus stove from Europe somewhere and origionally used a gas heating unit insterted below the canister. I really want to purchase a Thermette, but this will do for now. Boiled two cups of water is aroudn 4 minutes. Not bad for a small pile of wood chips and leaves.

Attachments

• IMGP5461.JPG
    IMGP5461.JPG
    324.7 KB · Views: 402
  • IMGP5464.JPG
    IMGP5464.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMGP5459.JPG
    IMGP5459.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 213
It looks like it could be related to the Volcano Kettle. The Volcano Kettle was the subject of the Classic Kit column in OJ's premier issue.

cruisertoy

Explorer
The Volcano/Kelly kettle/ Thermettes are very cool. They quicker than this at heating water. The flame shoots up through the center of the kettle and allows you to feed the fire from the top. This is similar but comes in severl different pieces and you have to feed the fire from the bottom. I should have bought a Kelly Kettle instead of an Ipod for my birthday, but I was tired of scratched CDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior