Another option for showering....

off-roader

Expedition Leader
It looks like that would be pretty easily made with a trip to Lowe's. Black PVC pipe and a few fittings and you're done.
$150?!?

What's wrong with using a new $60 plastic bug sprayer (painted black) filled with water (instead of insecticide of course). Something like this but painted black to heat the water quicker. You might modify the spray nozzle to make it shorter.
8fc9bca3-28d6-4892-85ed-21462e725978_300.jpg

frumpy

Explorer
Could definatly be made on the cheap (I'd say under $20) and if you already have oba just hook it up and you are set. I may have to try this out.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Does it need the clear section? I don't know. Cool idea though. While I like the Hudson sprayer idea, I just wonder how to keep it exposed :)Wow1:) to the sun to maximize heat gain and not have it sitting upright on top of the truck or rack. If the sprayer is tucked into the bed not much direct sun getting to it. I couldn't tell how it was attached to the racks. If you build your own would you need to use O clamps? I hope they sell a bunch and I look forward to seeing what the DIYers come up with.

Desert Dan

Explorer
You can also paint a water container black and leave it on the roof rack and have warm water at the end of the day (assuming the sun shines). With a short length of hose you can have a gravity fed shower.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Does it need the clear section? I don't know. Cool idea though. While I like the Hudson sprayer idea, I just wonder how to keep it exposed :)Wow1:) to the sun to maximize heat gain and not have it sitting upright on top of the truck or rack.

I think you'll be find with it inside or on the roof rack or in a truck bed as long as it's exposed to the sun. It can lay on it's side. Being a pressurized water container, I'm sure the seal on the cover is good enough to not leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior