AT Horizon led lighting test

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Hear are a few shots of some LED lights I am testing,Smacked my noggin on the corner of the tent base friday night,this should prevent this now. The tent is not deployed but wanted to see how they looked. Just kinda sitting in the metal track under the tent base. Comments good or bad are welcomed. And yes you see wires now but not when I get done. The side box is lit with a 12v florescent on battery power and can be wired in to trailer power if I want to.I was thinking about the same florescent for the main box.

Attachments

• DSC01865.JPG
    DSC01865.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC01864.JPG
    DSC01864.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC01863.JPG
    DSC01863.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 208

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
So you hit your head with the tent deployed or while it was folded up on the trailer? Must be when it was deployed right? I mean i will run into the trailer first with my leg before i ever hit my head on anything while the tent is folded up.

Those look nice and bright... how are you going to wire them... some quick release cables like in the photo?

I've never really thought about putting lights under my tent floor. Cool idea.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Ya just bumped my head a bit, tent was deployed,will only happen one time. Camp site was pitch black and hard to see. I plan to remove one of the cross members drill a small hole in the foot of it to the top of the vertical support. Then drill a hole right under the metal brackets on top of the cross member support so the wire comes up into the tent support member cross arms. Yes all will be neat and clean with grouments and you will not see any wires at all. That is the plan.will take pictures of how it will be done. It also give a nice night light so walking around the tent is a little safer.

Last edited:

VicHanson

Adventurer
What are you using for the lights? I am looking for some inexpensive LEDs to use in my camper project. What I would like is a bunch of lights like I can get here in Peru. It is a rechargeable hand spotlight with 15 LEDs, very bright and runs a long time on one charge. They are only $6. I took the light apart and took the reflector off the bulbs, makes a nice flood light then, but would take a number of them to light up a room. I would use them with the original batteries and charger, then just recharge them from the house batteries as needed. The problem is that the charger is 220 V. I thought there would be a transformer in there but there is just a large capacitor on a little circuit board, with I think a few other little things, diodes maybe, didn't really pay attention. I guess I should try charging it with 110 V and see if it works. Are there any cheap lights available like that in the U.S.?

Vic

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
What are you using for the lights? I am looking for some inexpensive LEDs to use in my camper project. What I would like is a bunch of lights like I can get here in Peru. It is a rechargeable hand spotlight with 15 LEDs, very bright and runs a long time on one charge. They are only $6. I took the light apart and took the reflector off the bulbs, makes a nice flood light then, but would take a number of them to light up a room. I would use them with the original batteries and charger, then just recharge them from the house batteries as needed. The problem is that the charger is 220 V. I thought there would be a transformer in there but there is just a large capacitor on a little circuit board, with I think a few other little things, diodes maybe, didn't really pay attention. I guess I should try charging it with 110 V and see if it works. Are there any cheap lights available like that in the U.S.?

Vic
The lights I installed are 12v with 6 leds.Very bright a around $12.oo. I bought them at West Marine here in town. I do not remember the model number. As far as the other lights you asked about I am sure the do exist maybe someone else on the portal can help you out. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan