3.73's L/S
Tow package
Silver/Black leather
2" leveling kit
6 disc in dash/MP3 - wired to iPod docking station
SnugTop Tonneau
LineX bed liner
Leveling kit
Hankook Dynapro ATMs 285/65/18 (33x11.5)

IMG_6788.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

15621303.jpg

15621309.jpg

Future Plans:
Emblem for grille... :rolleyes: It had an aftermarket grille (that looked like a mix between a gremlin and my butt), so I took it off.
35s when the 33s wear out and regear
Bed rack with RTT
Roll-up tonneau cover
Edge Evolution Programer
Amp and sub under the rear seats

I made up a rough idea in photoshop of what I want it to look like.
Picture4.png

Hopefully, I'll be able to start the transformation soon.

D

DEEZLPWR

nice truck!

Ive always wondered what the FX stands for though. Can you enlighten me?

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
How do you like the FX4? What do you like/dislike about it? I've been curious about these.

deezlpwr,
FX4 is a offroad option package. Four x 4 (4x4)

buddha

Adventurer
Subscribing.

I've got an 07 FX4 SCrew, that I'm just starting to build.... now that the stock pirellis have worn out. I've just ordered my leveling kit, rims, and 35" BFG AT's.

I've seriously considered a rack like you've drawn here for coolers, etc. The dogs currently ride in crates that stick up higher than the bed walls, and take up lots of room. I may be going with a cap + drawer system, though. Still undecided.

FROADER

Adventurer
Thanks, guys!

nice truck!

Ive always wondered what the FX stands for though. Can you enlighten me?
It's like the Z71 for Chevy. It has the nicer interior, standard, but there are still options to be had. Compared to a regular 4x4, they have skid plates and stiffer shocks. There are no height or performance differences, but it does come with a cool sticker! :) I might be taking that off and have a custom sticker made.

How do you like the FX4? What do you like/dislike about it? I've been curious about these.

deezlpwr,
FX4 is a offroad option package. Four x 4 (4x4)
The last F150 I had was a '95 XLT, back in '97, which I loved. There isn't anything that I dislike about this truck, so far. It's comfortable, has plenty of power (for what I need), looks and sounds (Magnaflow) great and there is a decent aftermarket to support it.

Subscribing.

I've got an 07 FX4 SCrew, that I'm just starting to build.... now that the stock pirellis have worn out. I've just ordered my leveling kit, rims, and 35" BFG AT's.

I've seriously considered a rack like you've drawn here for coolers, etc. The dogs currently ride in crates that stick up higher than the bed walls, and take up lots of room. I may be going with a cap + drawer system, though. Still undecided.
Yeah, I want a drawer system for mine as well. With the roll-up tonneau that I want to get, I'll be able to do that and still be able to put things in there with it open.

jim65wagon

Very nice.

You'll like the combination of a bed rack and roll-up cover. Mine has worked out well over the last couple of years. The rack holds our aluminum equipment boxes, and the bed holds everything that needs to stay dry. It's easy to organize and gives us room for gear for four. Mine bolts into the stakepockets, so the truck can pull DD truck duties without the rack in place.

FROADER

Adventurer
Very nice.

You'll like the combination of a bed rack and roll-up cover. Mine has worked out well over the last couple of years. The rack holds our aluminum equipment boxes, and the bed holds everything that needs to stay dry. It's easy to organize and gives us room for gear for four. Mine bolts into the stakepockets, so the truck can pull DD truck duties without the rack in place.
Thanks, Jim.

You said it exactly right in your thread:
It had to be high enough to allow the cover to roll up, but be low enough so gear wasn't standing taller than the roofline of the cab.
This is what I'll be aiming for with the RTT installed, so we'll see how tall I can actually make it. I also plan on making it easy to remove to still be able to carry taller items.

FROADER

Adventurer
Finally an update!

I recently purchased an RTT from a member here and had a chance to build my bed rack to mount it yesterday.

ry400.jpg

Here was my plan.
Picture10.png

It doesn't suck having a best friend that has good fab skills with all the right tools who likes to use them.

Winter and I decided to get started last night so we weren't working during the hottest time of the day today... We planned to get everything bent and mocked up, so today would just be burning all of the welds in. We started after 5 pm and ended up "finishing" it after he burned the last weld just before 1:30 am. So we don't have to work on it at all today! :)

Material:
Front and side hoops - 1.5 1/8 wall
Square cross bars - 1.25 3/16 wall
Angle iron - 1.5 3/16 wall

Here are the pics from last night.

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

Fab:
IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

FROADER

Adventurer
Update (cont...)

Welds:
IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

Just like my drawing, it's got a tab for the antenna at the top of the hoop in the middle and two tabs for lights near the rear of the side hoops.

I'll be getting pics of it in the light today with the tent on top/deployed too. Then it will make it's way to the powder coater (hopefully sometime this week) and be done! I decided against the hi-lift mounts on the side hoops for mounting it on the rear bumper (when that gets built).

This cost me less than half of the Thule Bed Rack and it looks much cooler. :)

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My friend just purchased a 2010 F-150 SuperCrew 4wd. That's one well built,comfortable truck. Kudos to Ford on this vehicle.

FROADER

Adventurer
My friend just purchased a 2010 F-150 SuperCrew 4wd. That's one well built,comfortable truck. Kudos to Ford on this vehicle.
Agreed. :)

Nice work! Can't wait to see that truck get some dirt on it.

Clay
Thanks! Hopefully it will happen at the end of the month.

These still need to be wired but I got a couple 4" utility lights.

DSC_0800.jpg

Interesting what photobucket did to that picture... :eek:rngartis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger