WTB: old style ARB fridge cover

roamingaz

Explorer
Im looking for a transit bag cover for the old metal ARB fridge, haven't had any luck finding one online.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
You would be hard pressed to find one, but they still make the Engel covers with the space for the digital read out in Australia. Most retailers can ship to The States.

Good luck.

go4aryd

Adventurer
I tried to get one a year ago - was told that they immediately discontinued them prior to announcing the current ARB model fridge - so existing users can't get a replacement either. Hopefully you will get lucky and someone will have one for ya, because I sure prefer them to the Engel variety.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
What size fridge is it for?

Are you looking for the older ARB bag like this?
ARBfreezer004%20(Medium).jpg

Or the newer Engel bag like this?
ARBfreezer001%20(Medium).jpg

The ARB and the Engel are the same fridge. What size do you have?
The Engel models look like they are still available. The Engel cover seals up better than the ARB bag did so I would think it has better insulation.

I was trying to get the old style one a while back. See my lame thread here - I had no luck.
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38632
I originally thought I needed the older ARB type so that I could roll back the top part while using my Two Zone. I fixed my Engel Transit bag by removing some stitching and pulling out the board in the lid. Now I can just roll it up and out of the way when using the Two Zone.

roamingaz

Explorer
I have the ARB fridge as in the first picture, I wasnt sure if the Engel cover would fit. I was hoping maybe a vendor still had some of the old stock ARB covers left over.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Same fridge in both pics, just different covers. I own the MT35 ARB and use the Engel cover. It seals better than the older ARB one does.

Good luck in you search. I tried for a while to find the older ARB model, but never did. I like the classic look of the ARB one.

My one complaint with the Engel cover is that you have to sort of pull it back to get to the latch. I've learned to live with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears