M416 Trailer with ARB Simpson RTT

rugbier

Adventurer
Here is my trailer for sale ( I can't climb to it for a long while )

The trailer was media blasted before painted ( Beluga )

Bed area is Rhinolined ( Horsey all you )

Has an extended tongue so even if you jack-knife it will clear the back of the truck
Lock and Roll hitch
New lights ( close to originals )
floor was covered with marine wood before rhinoline was applied

$ 2,800.00 OBO

located in Sykesville - MD

213-537-305one

Attachments

• 678337202_xs5z9354.jpg
    678337202_xs5z9354.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 628
  • PB290820.jpg
    PB290820.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 304
  • PB290821.jpg
    PB290821.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 353

rugbier

Adventurer
more pics

Attachments

• PB290822.jpg
    PB290822.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 315
  • PB290823.jpg
    PB290823.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,586
  • PB290824.jpg
    PB290824.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 310

rugbier

Adventurer
I need more pics posted

Attachments

• PB290827.jpg
    PB290827.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 251
  • PB290826.jpg
    PB290826.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 228
  • PB290825.jpg
    PB290825.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 251

rugbier

Adventurer
the limitation of pictures make me feel like a spammer :(

Attachments

• PB290828.jpg
    PB290828.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 248
  • PB290830.jpg
    PB290830.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 246
  • PB290831.jpg
    PB290831.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 252

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
How does it pull off road (Or on road for that matter) with that tent so high up?

I would think that it might have the desire to flip over on you with that much weight so high up.

If interested I assume you would be willing to facilitate shipping, IE drop it off at a shipper...
Thanks

rugbier

Adventurer
How does it pull off road (Or on road for that matter) with that tent so high up?

I would think that it might have the desire to flip over on you with that much weight so high up.

If interested I assume you would be willing to facilitate shipping, IE drop it off at a shipper...
Thanks

It pulls great, on the pictures you see the Defender 90, it is lifted and no swaybars and still was doing 75mph with no issues.

The RTT weights maybe 150lbs, the trailer empty probably was 500lbs then add the marine playwood, the metal supports ( which btw can be customized to sit lower or remove completely if that is what you want ). The idea of the contraption was to build tables on the sides, mount the shower, etc by adding 2 awnings and the walls.

Off road works equally great, IRRC I've had that trailer twisted more than the Defender as when crawling my line, I was forced to put the trailer in a real bad line, and walked it with no issues.

I am willing to drop the trailer anywhere you would need within 100 miles of zip 21784 ( of course after payment cleared :) )

Thanks for the interest

rugbier

Adventurer
Is the tent included?

If so, what kind/size of tent is it?

Cheers

Yes it is and it is an ARB Simpson RTT

here are the specs from ARB

Manufactured from high quality, poly/cotton fabric
Incorporates Oxford polyester flysheet, with excellent water shedding ability
Sturdy aluminium retractable ladder
High density bonded chip foam mattress with removable cover for increased comfort and durability
Incorporates pull out verandah and optional zip-on annexe
Insect screened windows and doors
UV stabilised laminated PVC cover
Bungee cord system to assist when closing
Easily mounted to ARB's purpose designed roof rack, or suitably load-rated Thule or Rhino roof bars
Size: 1400mm wide x 2400mm long x 1300mm high
All aluminium components feature an anodised finish for improved corrosion resistance and apperance
Comes complete with mounting hardware, wrenches, ladder, travel cover and comprehensive instructions

bribassguy

Observer
Does the roof top tent supports just pull out or are they welded in place?

Can you snap a picture of the trailer bed? I am guessing you mean marine grade plywood floor?

Do the brakes work? How about the manual brake handle lock? Do you have the original foot?

This would have to pull double duty as haul stuff to the dump, fill up with dirt utility trailer AND let's go camping.

Last edited:

rugbier

Adventurer
Does the roof top tent supports just pull out or are they welded in place?

Can you snap a picture of the trailer bed? I am guessing you mean marine grade plywood floor?

Do the brakes work? How about the manual brake handle lock? Do you have the original foot?

This would have to pull double duty as haul stuff to the dump, fill up with dirt utility trailer AND let's go camping.

The bases where the supports go in are welded to the the trailer, the rest simply ( well not so simple, you need your cereal first to remove it :) ) slide in place.

The whole inside of the bed is rhinolined ( walls and floor ). on top of the metal floor is the Marine wood then the rhinolining.

I will take pics tomorrow but all you will see is the rhinolining.

I believe the original foot it's still in place ( will double check tomorrow )

I am not sure about the brakes, I know the Manual brake worked when I purchased it 3 years ago, the PO showed me how to use it but I haven't touched it ever since.

As far as cargo, I had it filled with 6 Pelican 1650 full of crap ( one full of recovery gear and one full of tools and spares ), my 43 freezer, generator, 100L of water in a tank, several camping items like the condo Tent ( seen on pic behind the trailer ), chair, table, grill, charcoal, etc., and it did not make much of a difference when towing as compared to being empty.

As an FYI the tires look old ( some dry rot ) but still perform, I have 2 used AVON military tires in 235-85R16 if needed be

Thanks for the interest.

bribassguy

Observer
So there was metal, rhino lining, ply, more rhino lining?

Does the ply wood come out?

The whole inside of the bed is rhinolined ( walls and floor ). on top of the metal floor is the Marine wood then the rhinolining.

I will take pics tomorrow but all you will see is the rhinolining.

rismail01

Observer
How far are you from Baltimore? I'll be in your area sometimes middle of next week and if this hasn't sold yet then I'm interested in seeing in person. Is the trailer (tyres) road worthy for towing from MD to IL?

Thanks

Ray

rugbier

Adventurer
How far are you from Baltimore? I'll be in your area sometimes middle of next week and if this hasn't sold yet then I'm interested in seeing in person. Is the trailer (tyres) road worthy for towing from MD to IL?

Thanks

Ray

Ray,

I am north west of Baltimore, from downtown 20 miles.

Yes the Trailer is Roadworthy to go anywhere you want

Let me know when you are in town, and I'll gladly show it to you

Thank you for the interest

Gustavo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan