My 2nd gen ctd.

blue dog

Adventurer
Long time reader, finally decided to post some info on my rig. It is a 2000 ctd, currently it has 220,000 miles on her and she runs like a top. The truck has a nv5600 with southbend clutch, dana 80 rear with 4.10 gears and a locker. Power wise the truck has 150 hp custom built injectors, edge jammer ceramic ball turbo, fass 150 pump, edge comp box that has been tweeked, custom intake with BHAF, 4" exhaust from turbo back with a dummy muffler. Full kore suspension with vr coils, custom valved 2.5" shocks up front and 2.5 16" double by pass shocks in the rear that tie into a custom built bed cage. The rear has 2.0 3" travel bumps frenched into the frame and hit on mounts on the outboard axle tubes. Kore chase control arms { soon to be hybrid arms with evo joints }. The truck runs 3rd gen factory wheels that i took my time and rattle canned black and sporting Non DOT toyo open country m/t race tires. Inside the truck sports a Lowrance gps and 2 race radios. My gauges consist of egt, fuel pressure and turbo boost. When we go to mexico or play in the desert i put 4 baja designs 8" Hid on the push bar i built that sports a 10,000 pound hitch up front. The rear of the truck has 2 piaa lights cut into the rear bumper as well as a amber dust light. Recently installed a shell i found on CL for $250.00, but what i really want is a low side service body and a 4 wheel pop up camper, maybe one day.
Things to come, new clutch due to too much hp and flogging the truck a lot in the desert, upgrade the tie rod assembly to 2009 t steering and install a full psc hydraulic ram steering setup that has been sitting in my garage for over a year.
Well, thats my rig,it has been neglected a bit, but i am getting motivated to get her back into tip top shape. I think that about covers my expedition trail, pre run, chase daily driver. Here she is.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/leobluedog/

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/leobluedog/?action=view&current=IMG_1204.jpg

Last edited:

ExpoMike

Cool truck. Great to see another 2nd Gen Ram. :D

Looking in your pics, what's the "adjustable wrench mod"? Gotta be a story about that.

blue dog

Adventurer
Cool truck. Great to see another 2nd Gen Ram. :D

Looking in your pics, what's the "adjustable wrench mod"? Gotta be a story about that.

I originally built that for a dodge stock full race truck, in stock full you must use the factory control arms, well, with that said, we all know that the factory control arms do not hold up to flogging in the desert. For some reason the engineers decided that there should be 2 different sized bolts on the control arms on dodge trucks { why ? } anyway, i devised this tool to use on both size bolts and the hammer to punch the bolts threw the control arm mounts, works well, plus you have the spud end to line everything up. I have since made about a half dozen for friends who fell in love with this tool. The head is sacrificed from a hammer, ran threw a mill giving it a 1/2" rabbit to accept the plate that is welded to the wrench. Anyone who is a tool guy, gravitates right to that thing if they see it. The bottom line is that in a race truck, weight and space are a concern, this is 3 tools in one. That is the story. I can post more pics if interested.

blue dog

Adventurer
long

Long time no talk to too. What's new ?

since you get new tucks like i change my socks, what is your newest acquisition ? did you sell the maroon dodge ?
There are new things coming down the pipe in the suspension game.

Last edited:

CJC Off Road

Not too much here, just picked up an 06 patriot blue laramie with Thuren suspension for my brother to drive around. Just recently sold the maroon one to a guy in santa monica. You'll have to fill me in on what's coming down the pipeline!

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Nice looking "fueler"....love the looks of the 2nd Gens...guess thats why I have one. Though I wish I would have got a CTD instead of my lil 5.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior