Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

Loubaru

Adventurer
Might be worth checking with Toyota about the seat belts. I know for Acura they were considered a life time warranty item...probably due to the potential liability. I remember getting the seat belts replaced on my 1988 Integra w/ 200K+ miles on it in ~2003.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The original sprung a leak somehow.... more of a seeping... back when the hurricane came through. I tried to fix it with my torch. That was a bad idea... lol

Redman333

Adventurer
The original sprung a leak somehow.... more of a seeping... back when the hurricane came through. I tried to fix it with my torch. That was a bad idea... lol

Haha a torch huh. They make those hot staple kits you can get for stitching plastic together. It is a type of plastic isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
:mad::mad:So... if anything could ever go right, I'd be amazed. Package came jacked up, faucet was busted, tank wasn't built to specs which made me have to force the cage on to it causing a weld on the cage to break....:mad::mad: SO, I had to use my HiLift jack to press it back out of the cage because it was so tight.... FML...
It kills me to say this because I love Martyn, Mario and the crew.... BUT...I THINK that I'm beginning to lose faith in Adventure Trailers.... let's see where this goes next...
I'm already out a small fortune on 2 water tanks, this second one isn't to the same specs as the old tank and now I have to get my tank cage rewelded and most likely re- powder coated.... too.... :mad:

Redman333

Adventurer
:mad::mad:So... if anything could ever go right, I'd be amazed. Package came jacked up, faucet was busted, tank wasn't built to specs which made me have to force the cage on to it causing a weld on the cage to break....:mad::mad: SO, I had to use my HiLift jack to press it back out of the cage because it was so tight.... FML...
It kills me to say this because I love Martyn, Mario and the crew.... BUT...I THINK that I'm beginning to lose faith in Adventure Trailers.... let's see where this goes next...
I'm already out a small fortune on 2 water tanks, this second one isn't to the same specs as the old tank and now I have to get my tank cage rewelded and most likely re- powder coated.... too.... :mad:

That really sucks man. So they haven't been sending you replacement tanks due to defects or wrong specs?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The original tank was fine until the leak... not sure why it started leaking but I'll go with manufacturer defect seeing as I made ano aluminum cage around it which secured the tank to the the swing out. Nothing loose, no friction points.. just started leaking at the seam, that tells me a bad weld. BUT, seeing that I made the mistake of making it worse by trying to fix it myself, They needed to build another one, which socks because I shipped the old tank in for repair and basically had to end up buying a whole new tank.... I requested that the new tank be built a few mm smaller in width and depth so that the cage would fit a littleless snugly and that one of the drain ports be deleted. That didn't happen... the package was shipped a week after being completed (due to make contacting them) it was shipped to my old address so I had to waste time tracking it down and having it rerouted. It did make it here but the box was soaked and caved in causing the faucet to be busted off. Not because of FedEx but because there was water left in the tank and it leakd out...! The dude drain wasn't deleted, the other side drain wasn't deleted, and the tank wax actually a few mm LARGER so I had to force the cage on to the tank. In doing so it broke a weld on the tank securing cage. So, now I have to fix that as well and have the cage rewelded and powder coated. I had to use my HiLift lift jack to press the tank out of the cage! Now I still have a tank that doesn't fit and my reply from Martyn at AT Overland was to contact FedEx due to the damaged box.... :mad: I truly hope to get a better response from them today....

Redman333

Adventurer
The original tank was fine until the leak... not sure why it started leaking but I'll go with manufacturer defect seeing as I made ano aluminum cage around it which secured the tank to the the swing out. Nothing loose, no friction points.. just started leaking at the seam, that tells me a bad weld. BUT, seeing that I made the mistake of making it worse by trying to fix it myself, They needed to build another one, which socks because I shipped the old tank in for repair and basically had to end up buying a whole new tank.... I requested that the new tank be built a few mm smaller in width and depth so that the cage would fit a littleless snugly and that one of the drain ports be deleted. That didn't happen... the package was shipped a week after being completed (due to make contacting them) it was shipped to my old address so I had to waste time tracking it down and having it rerouted. It did make it here but the box was soaked and caved in causing the faucet to be busted off. Not because of FedEx but because there was water left in the tank and it leakd out...! The dude drain wasn't deleted, the other side drain wasn't deleted, and the tank wax actually a few mm LARGER so I had to force the cage on to the tank. In doing so it broke a weld on the tank securing cage. So, now I have to fix that as well and have the cage rewelded and powder coated. I had to use my HiLift lift jack to press the tank out of the cage! Now I still have a tank that doesn't fit and my reply from Martyn at AT Overland was to contact FedEx due to the damaged box.... :mad: I truly hope to get a better response from them today....

Wow. After all of that I'd be ready to rip someone's head off. I would have made them get me a free replacement the first time whether I tried to repair it or not personally. That's just ridiculous. The rest I can see happening from basically not paying attention and not taking thier time making sure everything is corrected. A good way to loose loyal customers if you ask me. Hopefully they will do right by you though since I've always thought they were a good company.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Same here.... I'm going to wait and give them the benefit of the doubt.... If they punt this one away. I'm done with them and airing this one out. but I know they're better than this and hopefully things won't escalate to that level...

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader

I don't really understand your actions.

If the tank was made bigger than you requested, you should have immediately contacted the vendor to remedy. Instead you mashed into too small of a place and ruined it. That's on you.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
There's nothing wrong with the tank.... other than it wasn't made to the specs. no damage to the tank itself. ( I did contact them via email.) I've learned that that's the best way to communicate such things... it leaves a trail of proof, whereas conversations and be forgotten...
It's what I get for being nice and trying to make things work instead of causing headaches...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman