Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick trip to western North and South Carolina

What are the actual dates the roads are open and closed?
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD QT2
    GDE ECO Tune 241hp/440torque
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...d-Cherokee-CRD

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbike28 View Post

The loop's big moment is the descent, but it was so rough, large drops and eroded, I could only ride half it, and that was with a lot of braking!
    Thanks for the thread. I am local to this part of country and I always enjoy seeing others explore it.

However you showed up to a gun fight with a rusty dull butter knife. While your Surly works well for some trails, don't knock Pisgah's raw, natural terrain because it and your skills left you unprepared. To some of us Pisgah and Wilson's are the essence of MOUNTAIN BIKING. Black Mountain is one of my favorite runs of all time due to its technical natural.

BTW your clothes washer is great! I have always had to pack more clothes than I really need. This is a great solution.

Nice report Jay and those are some nice pics. Thanks for a preview of our upcoming week...your photos have us stoked.

I still have much of my state to explore. Great photo's and inspiration for my to fine time to get out more.
    Mark
    Land Rover NAS 110 #234, 2.8 TGV Turbo Diesel
    Chronically suffering from wanderlust...
    My Land Rover Profile: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35729

Enjoyed the write up and nice camera work, love the slow shutter falls shots. Good to see some east coast backcountry.

Got out to Jocasse Gorge today because of this thread...great place to explore.

My first water crossing in my Jeep....it was maybe 3", but hey it is a stream. Can only get bigger from here...

i-VqWSVTN-L.jpg

i-TvmhSr4-L.jpg

View from Overlook...

i-vNCRc7V-L.jpg

i-r3b7FKx-L.jpg

A happy dog...she was so happy she puked like 2 minutes after this....

i-4CRxskd-L.jpg
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD QT2
    GDE ECO Tune 241hp/440torque
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...d-Cherokee-CRD

great trip report, hope you can make it back to the area again sometime, there are plenty of trails left to see!
    For info on outdoor adventures in South Carolina check out OffroadSC.com

I did say "I could only ride half of it." That loop was recommended by a ton of people.... just not my cup of tea. But I agree, I have ridden with a ton of people that would clean it like a dinner plate! I will be back out that way to ride again, now that I know know what to ask, I will visit Sycamore Cycles in Brevard and ask for their advice again. (ps that were a cool shop and very helpful, it's nice to see a LBS with lots of high end stuff.)
    Jay

www.jaycapers.com
    02 DC Tacoma with a Flippac and other stuff
    93 FZJ80 - stock but dual lockers and less than 200k miles

74 FJ40, 91 Hilux, 98 4Runner, 98 Rav4, 02 Conqueror Compact Trailer - All Sold

Quote Originally Posted by 97tjguzzy View Post
    great trip report, hope you can make it back to the area again sometime, there are plenty of trails left to see!
    Thanks again for your help! Sorry I missed your event in Columbia, I hope it went well! I plan to be out there again soon. I think I am racing in Clemson in June...I also plan to revisit the area in the fall!
    Jay

www.jaycapers.com

scootr29, glad you got out there before it closed and looks like you had fun!
    Jay

www.jaycapers.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast