Interest in a Hannibal awning group buy

ScottReb

Adventurer
Attempted to call Hannibal this AM no luck. Will try again next week. Just more FYI, this is not going to be quick process. I imagine once we finalize costs it will take several weeks to get the goods into the states. Just want everyone to know this isnt like a group buy with a local based company.

I will post up a roster of who is interested. Please specify what size awning/awnings you are interested in.
Thanks

toymaster

Explorer
I have no problem waiting for a quality product. Make sure I'm on your list for a 1.9 (This is my second post in this thread just so you don't count me twice)

ScottReb

Adventurer
If you all could include your location that will help with planning. If your profile doesnt already have it.
Thanks

GR8ADV

Explorer
Seattle is interested in a 1.9 w/ sides. but shipping to ontario cali may be best...

Last edited:

ScottReb

Adventurer
OK everyone. Im sending him what I have so far to get a better idea on costs. Here is the breakdown.

ScottReb- 2.4 & 1.4
DirtAddictLC80- 2.4
seetheworld349- 2.4
Toymaster- 1.9
Hobietony- 1.9
ttn333- 1.9
DMOZ- 1.9(w sides)
GR8ADV- 1.9(w sides)
I have interested as:
Kingnailer
Putnam Dan
Jrose609
Jevy

This gives a count of
2.4- 3
1.9- 5 (2 with sides)
1.4- 1
Plus I will get cost for the 4 interested as 1.9.

I will get this to him today. Unfortunately he is half a world away and my schedule is difficult to talk so email has been good so far. Hopefully I will have and a response tomorrow. Should give us a better idea on cost from him.

Questions for you guys. Does anyone know how customs will work?? What is involved and cost? Please no guesses or BS, if you have done it or know who or how to contact. I will get that started. I will be asking Hannibal as well.

Second thought is. This will come air freight. Im in Sacramento CA. So it will come here and then get dispersed to all from here. I will organize and assist in getting them out. I can collect several if people in this area would like to pick up. We can arrange other ideas as well. Let me know.

I will continue this through the month. I would like to place order November 1. That means I need all funds by 10/30. I should have the cost solid by early next week so that seems reasonable.

Thanks
Scott

koly

Observer
1 in Phoenix, AZ interested in the 1.9, depending on final price - also wondering what kind of brackets may be necessary to fit on a flat roof rack with no side rails.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
1 in Phoenix, AZ interested in the 1.9, depending on final price - also wondering what kind of brackets may be necessary to fit on a flat roof rack with no side rails.

Just so you know, as a heads up.
You will need to get a broker, which means broker fees, probably only around $100 or so.
You will have to pay a bond, though since it is LCL, not sure what that will be. You will probably also need to file a ISF (10+2) which costs $75.
There will be customs clearance fees, inspection fees, storage fees, documentation fees, and you will need to pay 8.8% duties since it is a fabric item with a poly/cotton blend.

all in all, not too bad since it will be split amongst several people. Just a heads up; importing is a pain. And whatever they tell you is an ETA, add at least 2 weeks, for exam time, disbursement etc.

Rou

ScottReb

Adventurer
Koly,

All brackets need to be fabbed up. Unless you happen to have a Hannibal rack. I think they fit that only. Im planning to fashion some type of L bracket that will connect to the underside of my rack, either Baja or FrontRunner. Long part of L under rack short part vertical on side. Then awning attaches to that part. In my head this is how it works. Ive seen a couple that have looked similar. Should be a pretty painless and inexpensive set up for any rack.

ScottReb

Adventurer
I will have a shipping quote tomorrow AM. I will make a rough estimate on other cost based on some of the info Rou gave us. When I contact a broker and get further I can adjust. Then our interested parties can confirm or bow out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior