Equipt's new platform - The 2013 4Runner Trail

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Equipt announces it's choice for their next overland vehicle platform.

The 2013 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition.

2013-02-26 16.02.59.jpg

Equipt recently sold their Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series. It was time for a change. Time to try something new. We reviewed our options, and after much consideration we chose to the 5th Generation 4Runner as our next vehicle build. Here's a photo of our new truck. We will start our build thread on the vehicle very soon, and discuss the reasons for the choice. We will also discuss how our decades of experience has influenced the choices for the additions we are making to the truck. It should be pretty interesting.

Stay tuned!

4xdog

Explorer
Friend of mine drives one of those. Were I not set between the 2001 Tacoma DC 4WD and the 2008 Lexus RX350 that's EXACTLY what I'd be in. This will be fun to watch.

Don

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
Congrats. I am super jealous. I have been trying to figure out a way I could afford to trade in the FJ and get a 4runner just like yours.

joneseyyy

Explorer
Atta boy! Looking forward to the build. So many good aftermarket options now for the platform. Mine has treated me really well so far!
aryzape9.jpg

discotdi

Adventurer
You must really love Toyotas. Interesting choice. Not really exciting though. I know I'll get flamed but a 4runner just seems lame. It has no historical basis in expeditions or overland travel or even 4x4 prowess. It's a college Frat boys truck. LC, LR, Jeep, Nissan Patrol, Gwgen, even the Montero seems more appropriate.
I wouldn't say this to a normal guy and his build, but you are Equipt Expedition Outfitters. I was expecting more.

I guess it makes a statement, you can be the first to do it, good luck. Let's see what you've got.

deadbeat son

Explorer
You must really love Toyotas. Interesting choice. Not really exciting though. I know I'll get flamed but a 4runner just seems lame. It has no historical basis in expeditions or overland travel or even 4x4 prowess. It's a college Frat boys truck. LC, LR, Jeep, Nissan Patrol, Gwgen, even the Montero seems more appropriate.
I wouldn't say this to a normal guy and his build, but you are Equipt Expedition Outfitters. I was expecting more.

I guess it makes a statement, you can be the first to do it, good luck. Let's see what you've got.

:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan